Dear Milk Depot at 9th Street Wellness Center,
Thank you for helping us support Wisconsin and Illinois babies who need continued access to life-saving donor milk. Our lab staff is working seven days/week to process and pasteurize milk.
· There is no evidence that the virus that causes COVID-19 is transmitted through human milk, food containers, or food packaging (per CDC and FDA).
· The real risk of COVID-19 is a decrease in our milk supply, similar to blood shortages we are currently experiencing.
· Please notify Milk Bank WGL with any service interruptions or change in hours.
· Please review the attached HMBANA statement on Milk Banking & COVID-19.
· Please review and distribute the attached COVID-19 Donor Education (if appropriate).
· Please share our social media posts to encourage increased milk donations.
· Stay healthy and safe! We appreciate you! ?
Nicole Robbins, BS, CLS
Education & Outreach Specialist
Mothers’ Milk Bank of the Western Great Lakes
Proud Member of the Human Milk Banking Association of North America
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/milkbankwgl
Follow us on Instagram: instagram.com/milkbankwgl
Save tiny lives with the gift of donor milk.
Holly Hajny BSN, RN, Birth Doula
Nikota Typold, WI Family Doulas 920-492-9904
Dr. Chris Meyer, DC 920-465-1111
Human Milk and Substituting
Jenni Johnson RN, IBCLC